Saturday, June 23, 2007

More Disenchantment With McConnell In The Courier-Journal

The Courier-Journal published more letters today from Republicans in Kentucky that are infuriated with the Louisville liberal for pushing Teddy Kennedy's amnesty bill through the Senate. Here are a few excerpts:

Switching vote

I have always voted for Mitch McConnell. Because he is trying to ram that massive amnesty bill down our throats, I will vote for anyone who runs against him in the future.

'Opportunity to pay'

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for Sen. Mitch McConnell's successful effort to bring back the so-called immigration reform bill from the brink of defeat….

I, and my family, will be given the opportunity to pay the illegal aliens' and their families' medical bills, furnish schools so they may learn English (should they decide to make the effort), assure they have proper food and housing, and pay for additional law enforcement to counter the increase in crime that is sure to come.

Thanks again, Sen. McConnell, for all of these wonderful opportunities.